The Center for Health Equity Transformation’s (CHET) mission is to foster innovative, transdisciplinary and impactful research and training to improve the health of the most vulnerable residents of Kentucky and beyond.
Achieve health equity locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Academic excellence and productivity
- Collaboration and partnership
- Opportunity and social justice
- Impact and innovation
- Integrity and respect
- To conduct impactful research that has the potential to reduce well-documented health disparities in cancer, substance abuse, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity, and related risk factors
- To train the next generation of health equity researchers in a rigorous, inclusive, and congenial environment
- To collaborate with community partners to guide and inform CHET’s research and training programs